Growing terrarium plants is also easy as can be. In a closed terrarium, plants will hardly ever need watering and can grow effort-free for years.
Basic Terrarium Plant Tips
Which plants do best in these pint-sized gardens? Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Generally speaking you want to pick plants that can tolerate humidity, since the enclosed nature of a terrarium traps in moisture. Also keep in mind that terrarium plants need to be able to tolerate low or indirect light.
- Choose plants that are small enough for your terrarium. You don’t want the plants’ leaves to touch the sides of the container.
- Succulents and cacti can grow in a terrarium, but it’s best to use an open container that will retain less humidity. You should also add some sand to the potting mix to mimic the plants’ native environment.
Easy to care terrarium kits can make a great conversation piece for the home, dorm room, or office! Terrariums are a great way to brighten up a room and It can be a great gardening gift too! The Terrarium kit that Printhousedesign1 offers is NOT glass, it’s clear plastic giving you the same stylish look without the fragile breakable glass, which is perfect for kids!
The terrarium offers :
(1) 6 & 1/2″ round plastic terrarium globe
(1) small (mini) air plant & care instructions
(1) small bag of moss
(1) small bag of black rocks
(1) piece of hemp twine
(1) small 3D printed/ hand painted mini Yoda- stands 2″
Air plant is a great tiny plant to use in terrariums . Air plants are one of the easiest plants to take care of because no dirt is needed, only sunlight, water ,moss, and air! The kit offers care instructions and directions to help guide you on how to create it.
You can find the fun kit at our Etsy shop by following the link: