It’s a new year, a fresh start, and there is no better way to celebrate it than with some beautiful plants/ flowers. They are pleasant to watch and can purify the air in your home. More than that, there are some plants that are considered lucky. Below is a list of a few plants that could bring a little luck to your space.
- Lucky Bamboo: In Chinese, the plant is called fugui zhu – “fugui” for “wealth and rank”, and “zhu” for “bamboo”. The plant can thrive in many conditions, either in soil or in water. It’s perfect for people who do not possess green fingers.
- Golden Pothos: the most popular houseplant, According to Feng Shui, the plant can bring wealth and prosperity to your home. It can purify the air and absorb radiation.
- Orchid: potted orchid plants are said to bring luck in relationships. Pink orchids can bring harmonious relationships. White orchids can fill the household with peace, and the purple ones are considered to be the most auspicious.
- Rubber plants: rubber plants have rounded leaves that are known to symbolize abundance, happiness, and wealth. Rubber plants are also said to remove toxins and negative energy from the air, Oweh adds. The recipe for keeping a rubber plant flourishing? Bright, indirect sunlight, well-draining soil, and a good watering every week or two.
- Jade plant: these plants are associated with money and good fortune due to their small, coin-shaped leaves. Jade plants are succulents that store water in their plump leaves, so they don’t need to be watered often, she adds. “These plants love indirect, bright light and for the pot to dry out well before the next watering.
So if you want to try a little luck this year, try one of these plants in your space.